This hands on practical course is a grand tour of financial modelling and is designed for delegates wishing to enhance their capacity to build a variety of comprehensive and complex financial models.
It combines an Excel’s modelling functionality with the requirements and intricacies involved in the preparation and structure of more complex financial models. All Excel functions and techniques essential for successful model building are fully demonstrated and supported by appropriate examples.
Delegates, under the supervision and with the help of the instructor, are required, in a sequential process, to:
- complete a partially built monthly budget model
- build and analyse a 20-year annual toll road concession project model
- build a corporate financial model of an existing retail trading company
- analyse a prebuilt model relating to the launch of a new product
- value a company using DCF valuation methodology
- participate in a live group dicussion relating to a turnarong model and approve/disapprove the planned strategy